Ledge grab/climbing

Discuss issues pertaining to the Creature Animation Editor here.
Heartigan

Ledge grab/climbing

Post by Heartigan » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:23 pm

Hi,

I am new to Creature and I think it is an incredible tool, especially with the new updates. I am working on a 2D platformer and wanted to add a ledge grab/climbing animation to my sprite. For ledge climbing animations usually the pivot is set into the ledge and the sprite sheet is sliced in Unity with that pivot set for each frame. I tried to think about ways to pinpoint the sprite to a fixed point in Creature and then make it climb somehow, but couldn't come up with a valid solution. Any ideas?

Heartigan

chong

Re: Ledge grab/climbing

Post by chong » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:55 pm

Hello,

So I am not sure if this is what you are looking for but there is a way to set anchor points from the Creature Editor tool ( in Animation Mode, Animate ->Set Anchor Point

This is set per clip so it will not help your case. However the reason why I bring it up is because in the Creature Unit Runtime itself, it will read in the Anchor point information and use it here:

https://github.com/kestrelm/Creature_Un ... eModule.cs

Search for "AlterBonesByAnchor". This method gets called to "shift" the bone positions based on the relative anchor point ( the default is (0,0) ) . So what you can do in the meantime is if you modify that function in C# to move the anchor point to your own custom points ( or link it up to some external source )

Cheers