Creature Pro Windows User Experience

Discuss issues pertaining to the Creature Animation Editor here.
chong

Re: Creature Pro Windows User Experience

Post by chong » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:08 pm

Hello,

I will fix the decimal input issue for the next update :)
With regard to FPS playback, I think it is something that happens on certain systems, will need more investigation into that.
Having said that, I am working on adding more meshing operations you mentioned in the previous post, that will come first for the next few updates as well so stay tuned :)

Cheers

chong

Post by chong » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:51 am

Hello,

1) Multi-select for Animation Spline Knots will be in for the next update

2) There will be more bug + usability fixes for the Animation Spline Knots view in general :)

Cheers!

zampano

Post by zampano » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:07 pm

Very nice :)

zampano

Post by zampano » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:21 pm

Hey!
After a bit of a pause, I'm back to animating stuff. And it feels good! The fixes and improvements you made really make a difference and the program is so much more stable now :)

About the 30 fps bug, unfortunately it still exists and it makes working in 30 fps impossible :( ... Any news on that?

EDIT:
Also, what exactly do the two different gap step settings do? Does it skip frames?

chong

Post by chong » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:29 pm

Hello,

I will need to take a look at the 30 fps issue, on my end I haven't been able to replicate that bug yet unfortunately. Having said that, you can actually adjust playback speed dynamically in your Game Engine runtimes ( you can set the playback speed directly ) so you can make it playback at any speed you want.

The gap step controls the sample frequency, the higher the gap step, the smaller the file size at the expense of trading off lower sample frequency. It is a form of lossy animation compression. Please watch the latest video on Game Engine Export on the channel to learn about it more:
https://youtu.be/pLUoZ8dnBEE

Cheers

zampano

Post by zampano » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:53 pm

Thanks for the answer!
I know about the playback speed in the engine, but it's a problem when working on the animation and trying to preview it in that speed.
At the moment I'm using 60 fps anyways but I thought you should know.

Thanks for the link, too. Sounds like a great thing :)

One more thing I just realized, it's quite inpractical and causes unnecessary work that when shifting animation keyframes, they are reset to linear. Editing would be so much more straight-forward and it would save much reworking if the current spline setup would be converted.

Keep up the great work =)

chong

Post by chong » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:28 pm

Hello,

Yes actually quite a few users requested it to be set to linear when shifting :)
Making it preserve the current spline setup is definitely possible but a bit more complicated to do 100% right, I will need to think about that problem as a whole to address it.

Cheers

zampano

Post by zampano » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:17 pm

Oh, okay... :D
Can't really understand why.. maybe you have an idea on how to deal with it.

zampano

Post by zampano » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:57 pm

Unfortunately, I'm still experiencing lots of crashes when animating, both when moving or editing keys and/or splines. :|
Meshing and Rigging worked pretty reliable now, but often it crashes within the first or second thing I do in animation mode, it's literally crashing every 3 minutes right now :(

chong

Post by chong » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:33 pm

Hello,

Can you send over your project via dropbox and PM me a link or tell me the exact steps so that I can replicate your steps?
I need to know the exact causes of the crash so that I can fix it for you.

Thanks