PSD Importing

Discuss issues pertaining to the Creature Animation Editor here.
junwi

PSD Importing

Post by junwi » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:15 am

When I import a character through the PSD import tool, a couple of parts are missing and other body parts have the wrong name. The rigging is not right either, parts are too far apart, parts are missing, the foot and the hand is far away on the face, etc...

I made sure there is nothing else in the file except for the character's parts. It would be a pain to reassemble all of the parts manually (and rename them) not to mention, I'm not even sure how to get the missing parts back...

chong

Re: PSD Importing

Post by chong » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:21 am

Hello,

After you import your PSD, make sure there is enough grid resolution to mesh all the regions. If there isn't enough resolution, then it will miss out the body parts.

As for character/body part placing, when you place in the body parts using PSD in the Rig Mode, it will ask for the scale factor. You can try decreasing this value ( if the body parts are far apart) or increasing this value ( if they are close ) to aid in fitting the body parts to the character.

Btw, because Creature is 100% mesh based, everything is capable of deformation. This means in general, most users find out that they do not need to separate their characters out into too many parts in PSD. Just a tip ( if your artwork allows for that )

If you are still having issues, do you mind uploading your PSD onto dropbox and PM a private message. I will take a look at the PSD for you.