Unable to recognize .psd file

Discuss issues pertaining to the Creature Animation Editor here.
rasponien

Unable to recognize .psd file

Post by rasponien » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:03 am

Hello!

I created an animal in photoshop recently and wanted to import it to creature to animate it.
I firstly named it as creature.psd, the Long-Horned Bison.psd. Anyways, whatever the name of this .psd file is, Creature doesn't want to
find it in the source folder (but it can find various different .psd files in some mysterious way).
The .psd file consists of 7 different layers - Head, Body, four legs and a tail.

I watched few tutorials about it, how should I do it correctly, but also I did not see any flaws in my workflow.
Is there anything I can do, to make my photoshop file recognizable?

Waiting for your response

rasponien

Re: Unable to recognize .psd file

Post by rasponien » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:07 am

Hmmm.

There's this weird behavior. It doesn't show the .psd file, but when I write the name of my .psd file manually, it works.
Not sure what casuses it tho.

chong

Post by chong » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:11 am

Hello,

That does sound rather strange. I have never encountered this issue before. I will do more testing but so far, my tests with local psd files on my system have no issues. I am not sure if it has anything to do with the permissions or file settings on you specific psd files. In the PSD Open File Dialog, if you type "*.*" in the file textbox, it should list all files. Does that file show up for you as well?

For your info, Creature does not do anything special for file listing of PSD files, in fact, it just uses the Window standard file listing mechanism for file listing ( the official way to do it ). So I am not sure if this sounds like some sort of file settings/permissions issue with that file in particular.

Thanks

rasponien

Post by rasponien » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:31 pm

Hey!

Yep. Happened only once with one particular .psd file. Other files seem to open without any further problems.
Thanks for the information tho.

With regards.

skydash

Post by skydash » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:39 am

I also encountered same problems. I imported my .psd file but Creature did not responded.

I noticed it happens only for .psd files I exported from clipstudio.
( https://www.clipstudio.net/en )

To solve this problems. I import my .psd files to Gimp. Then, I export from Gimp again.