Simple Transform Motor crush and laggy

Discuss issues pertaining to the Creature Animation Editor here.
madzags1

Simple Transform Motor crush and laggy

Post by madzags1 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:14 am

when i use this motor to scale mesh Simple Transform Motor the software crush a lot and become so laggy please can you fix it

chong

Re: Simple Transform Motor crush and laggy

Post by chong » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:16 pm

Hello,

Sure no problem, actually optimizing the SImple Transform Motor is already in the TODO list for the upcoming updates. We should be able to speed it up quite a lot by giving an extra "Advanced Deformation " option :)

Having said that, you don't actually need that if you want to do simple scaling and rotation ( especially rotation ). Just use 1 single bone to parent the mesh for rotation, then just rotate the bone.

For scaling, you can use a couple of bones to initiate it to for different non linear scaling effects.

Cheers

madzags1

Post by madzags1 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:29 pm

yes sir the rotation work fine but scale its laggy i mean you add it to be simple like spine and fast if you can that will be sooo amazing because i love this software alot i dont know yet why people use spine more maybe because they commercial the software more just i want you guys to beat that software just add the scale for the bone make it easy to use dont need to use motor

chong

Post by chong » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:34 pm

No problem, it will actually be in the next update :)
There will be a new checkbox option on the Simple Transform Motor to enable "Fast" mode. It is much faster :)
The reason why it is slower now is because it is doing a much fancier transform ( not so simple ;) ) which enables you to do fancy scaling
effects like grow a vine along a chain of bones ( along a curve ). Most users probably don't need that power so we are giving you 2 modes, the faster
one being the usual you expect.

Cheers

madzags1

Post by madzags1 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:43 pm

yes that will be great sir leave the fancy scaling and add the simple fast scaling you can leave the both options :D

chong

Post by chong » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:48 pm

The new fast transform mode has been added and is undergoing testing now. This will be in the next update.

Cheers