Multiple skeletons/characters in the same scene

Discuss issues pertaining to the Creature Animation Editor here.
Vitalii

Multiple skeletons/characters in the same scene

Post by Vitalii » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:19 pm

Hi, for a long time i working in a Spine, but i want to starts with a Creature. I seen all of your tutorials, but still have some questions.
For example...
1. Do I have any possibilities to import, or create several personages/skeletons in one scene?
2. Can I import sprites from PSD file, to scene, to their original places without tweeking? (Spine has wery usefull Photoshop script, for export psd to json, it's huge timesaver)
3. I didn't find any information about bone inheritance. Can i separetely disable inheritance of rotation or scale?
Thanks alot!

chong

Re: Multiple skeletons/characters in the same scene

Post by chong » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:25 pm

Hello,

1. No direct separate skeleton support yet. This can be looked into in the future.

2. Yes. Creature has direct native PSD import support. Just click on Create -> Import from PSD and it will take you through the options. Then in RIgging Mode, you can Add Region -> Auto Place Regions which will auto place the rig from your PSD layers if they are defined properly.

3. Of course you can. This is accomplished via the Creature procedural motor system. Just go into Animate Mode, Install the Free FK motor. Your bone will now be independent of your rig hierarchy and you are free to move it around in space. This is typically how people use Creature to animate objects that are thrown around.

Please download the trial on the website to try out some of the features mentioned above.

Thanks

Vitalii

Post by Vitalii » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:53 pm

Thanks! I have already installed Creature! ))

3. Yes, i know the Free FK motor, but if i understand correctly, this motor is turning off all movements of bone (position, rotation, scale). What if I need to inherit just position, without rotation?

chong

Post by chong » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:16 pm

Hello,

Currently not right now, the Free FK will be your option to go to. However, turning off inheritance for part of it is not out of the question. This can be a feature that is added for future updates.

Thanks