Godot or gdevelop

Discuss issues pertaining to the various game/web runtimes of Creature here.
blurymind

Godot or gdevelop

Post by blurymind » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:48 pm

Godot is an awesome open source game engine that is actively developed with a huge community. Ot wwould be awesome if someone makes a runtime for it. Godot has an animation editor too, but it has bad inyerface and doesnt support skin deformations and alot of the things creature has

http://www.godotengine.org/projects/godot-engine

Another open source engine to support is gdevelop. It is very easy to use and compiles to html5 and native

chong

Re: Godot or gdevelop

Post by chong » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:28 pm

Sure thing! Please post on their forums and ask if their devs are interested in integration; they look like C++ engines ( at the core ) so it should be easy for them to integrate Creature into their respective frameworks.

Cheers

blurymind

Post by blurymind » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:18 pm

I have posted at godot's tracker:
https://github.com/godotengine/godot/issues/3823

Please get in touch with the devs :)

chong

Post by chong » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:23 pm

Fantastic! Thanks for posting!

Cheers

blurymind

Post by blurymind » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:20 am

you can head over to the link and talk with them. Godot's main developers seem to have their hands full.

Some of the other developers involved are interested in creature, however they see it as a big flaw that your editor does not work on linux - which is 50% of godot's userbase - especially the more advanced users that contribute code to the engine.

Do you have any plans in supporting a 64bit linux version of the editor (preferably compiled on ubuntu)? I would buy a pro license if you did. :)

You seem to be using QT for gui and if you dont have any windows specific libraries it shouldnt be too difficult to port it over to other platforms.
Porting it to linux will help you draw the attention of more experienced programmers. Linux seems to be a popular platform for them. Both Spriter and Spine2d have that advantage over creature - both linux and mac version of their editor - which leads to more users and more people contributing runtimes.

chong

Post by chong » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:41 pm

Hello,

Thanks for the info and posting on their page. Creature does have Mac version, just not Linux at the moment.
Unfortunately I am just so busy with improving the feature set/workflow for Creature right now I do not have the cycles for a Linux port... yet. It should however happen in the future.

I will keep an eye out for Godot and other engines! Thanks again for the update.

Cheers