Cant install Creature plugin in UE4 4.11

Discuss issues pertaining to the various game/web runtimes of Creature here.
Alan

Cant install Creature plugin in UE4 4.11

Post by Alan » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:45 pm

Hi, im following all the steps in the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJQiNaf6VQo but everytime I get ''MyProject could not be compiled. Try rebuilding from source manually'', its because of UE4 version? Plugin needs to update? any other with this issue? Thank you.

chong

Re: Cant install Creature plugin in UE4 4.11

Post by chong » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:11 pm

Hello,

4.11 just got released today so I am just downloading it. The plugin definitely works with 4.10.

Having said that, are you making a C++ project for your UE4 project? The plugin is a code plugin so it needs to be a C++ project. Please let me know the steps you took to install the plugin.

I am downloading 4.11 right now and will check soon.

Cheers

Alan

Post by Alan » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:16 pm

Thank you for the reply, yeah im starting a C++ project. Im trying to install the plugin since the 4.11 early previews and I got the same issue, thx for an official fix.

The steps are the same as the youtube video:

Start a new C++ Project, saved it, close ue4, copy the plugin in a folder ''Plugin'' of my new project, generate visual studio project files, open the project and choose ''yes'' in the Missing Modules window.
Last edited by Alan on Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chong

Post by chong » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:19 pm

Hello,

Grab the latest plugin source from the github page:
https://github.com/kestrelm/Creature_UE ... turePlugin

If you are making a C++ project:

1) Put the plugin files in the correct folder

2) Regenerate your Visual Studio Solution

3) Open up Visual Studio with the new solution and build.

Does the plugin build through?

Cheers

Alan

Post by Alan » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:32 pm

Start building then errors show up.

D:\Unreal Projects\MyProject\Plugins\CreaturePlugin\Source\CreaturePlugin\Private\CreatureCore.cpp(672): error C2227: left of '->setEndTime' must point to class/struct/union/generic type
2>D:\Unreal Projects\MyProject\Plugins\CreaturePlugin\Source\CreaturePlugin\Private\CreatureMeshComponent.cpp(16): error C2084: function 'void GenerateTriangle(TArray<FProceduralMeshTriangle,FDefaultAllocator> &)' already has a body
2> D:\Unreal Projects\MyProject\Plugins\CreaturePlugin\Source\CreaturePlugin\Private\CreatureCollectionActor.cpp(11): note: see previous definition of 'GenerateTriangle'
2>D:\Unreal Projects\MyProject\Plugins\CreaturePlugin\Source\CreaturePlugin\Private\CreatureMeshComponent.cpp(430): error C2440: 'initializing': cannot convert from 'std::string (__cdecl *)(FString)' to 'std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char>>'
2> D:\Unreal Projects\MyProject\Plugins\CreaturePlugin\Source\CreaturePlugin\Private\CreatureMeshComponent.cpp(430): note: No constructor could take the source type, or constructor overload resolution was ambiguous
2>D:\Unreal Projects\MyProject\Plugins\CreaturePlugin\Source\CreaturePlugin\Private\CreatureSwitchItemActor.cpp(40): error C2568: '[': unable to resolve function overload
2> D:\Unreal Projects\MyProject\Plugins\CreaturePlugin\Source\CreaturePlugin\Private\CreatureSwitchItemActor.cpp(40): note: could be 'std::string ConvertToString(FString)'
2>D:\Unreal Projects\MyProject\Plugins\CreaturePlugin\Source\CreaturePlugin\Private\CreatureSwitchItemActor.cpp(224): error C2440: 'initializing': cannot convert from 'std::string (__cdecl *)(FString)' to 'std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char>>'
2> D:\Unreal Projects\MyProject\Plugins\CreaturePlugin\Source\CreaturePlugin\Private\CreatureSwitchItemActor.cpp(224): note: No constructor could take the source type, or constructor overload resolution was ambiguous
2> -------- End Detailed Actions Stats -----------------------------------------------------------
2>ERROR : UBT error : Failed to produce item: D:\Unreal Projects\MyProject\Plugins\CreaturePlugin\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-CreaturePlugin.dll
2> Total build time: 22.99 seconds
2>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(37,5): error MSB3073: The command ""D:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.11\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat" MyProjectEditor Win64 Development "D:\Unreal Projects\MyProject\MyProject.uproject" -waitmutex" exited with code -1.
========== Build: 1 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

chong

Post by chong » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:38 pm

Hello,

That is a very strange error that I have never encountered before. When my 4.11 finishes downloading I will take a look.

Cheers

chong

Post by chong » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:14 pm

Hello,

I have fixed and updated the plugin to run on UE4.11. I tried it with all the Creature UE4 Demos and it all runs.
Please head over to github and grab the latest plugins:
https://github.com/kestrelm/Creature_UE ... turePlugin

Cheers

Alan

Post by Alan » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:18 pm

Yessss!!! It works! Thank you

sjunceau

Post by sjunceau » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:46 pm

I cant seem to find the problem but I am following the same tutorial and I cant get it to build at the same spot. It ask me to build manually and that build fails as well with a full list of errors that look similar as previously stated in this post. The difference is, I double checked the files nothing changed instead of everything working. Any advice on what to troubleshoot?

chong

Post by chong » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:34 pm

Hello,

Are you on UE4.12? Also have you updated your Visual Studio to 2015 Update 2?

Here is a video I have recorded for you:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4dzf0o4o8c63s ... l.mp4?dl=0

Have a look and try to repeat those steps. Worse comes to worse, record a video for me, put it into dropbox and email me. I should be able to tell you how to fix the error.

Cheers