Front-Facing Walk Cycles

Discuss issues pertaining to the Creature Animation Editor here.
dxmachina

Front-Facing Walk Cycles

Post by dxmachina » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:11 pm

I've been communicating via email about this, but thought that I'd post here to see what others might think:

I'm very interested in seeing how Creature might also help automate the process of doing front and back facing walk cycles. Profile walk cycles are pretty slick.

Has anyone else attempted this?

chong

Re: Front-Facing Walk Cycles

Post by chong » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:28 pm

Hello,

A very interesting problem you have posed here and something I am keen on looking into. It will require some thought but I think it is an important issue no doubt.

Cheers,
Chong

Altor

Re: Front-Facing Walk Cycles

Post by Altor » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:51 pm

I'm really interested in this topic too. Are you able to use Deep AI Walk cycle, mocap transfer, or any other method to implement a front walk cycle? If I'm unable to implement something in front view, I can't implement it in any other view for consistency reasons. The front walk cycle is making me crazy! Does anyone know how to implement it not having to draw frame by frame? Thank you so much for your kind answers in advance!

By the way, I read in Unreal engine forum that you could use a front atlas map and animate it sideways? Like using top down view. Can you explain it please? Does it mean like isometric or something? Thanks again!