Feature Wish- Workflow

Discuss issues pertaining to the Creature Animation Editor here.
Anaxtasia

Re: Feature Wish- Workflow

Post by Anaxtasia » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:16 pm

chong wrote:Which dropdown lists are you referring to? I will note those down and see if I can make them more readable on lower resolution displays for the next update.
Hi Chong,

Now that I think about it, it's only one. Sorry. :lol:

In Rig -> Bone Mode -> Bones window -> "Create with Weight Regions" dropdown list, if you have a good deal of layers (more than 10 in my case) you cannot see all of them.

Thanks for your reply!

Edit: Oh, I forgot to mention that's for 1080p. If you go lower than 960 (your minimum recommended resolution) then most of the auxiliary windows are not visible on the bottom. But I understand that working with this kind of program in a cheap laptop is far from ideal. ;)

chong

Post by chong » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:07 pm

Hello,

Thanks for the info! I will note that down and take a look at it after this new big feature has been rolled out.

Cheers

chong

Post by chong » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:27 pm

Hello good news,

The next update will include scroll bars for the region list items. This should fix your issue :)
Have a look at the screenshot here:

Cheers

Anaxtasia

Post by Anaxtasia » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:42 pm

Awesome! :D

Anaxtasia

Post by Anaxtasia » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:55 am

Hi Chong,

I know you mentioned you're going to launch an UI-related feature rich version in a short time but I was wondering if it's going to address some workflow issues I'm having...:
  1. I seem unable to apply weight influence changes to multiple bones at the same time. For example, if I select all bones in a chain over my female character ponytail and then click 'Apply' only the first one gets painted.

I know I could click 'Apply to all' instead, but if you have a lot of bones the app takes a long time to process them all and worse: it overwrites all previous changes in the whole skeleton.
  2. Also, the function 'Create with weight regions' doesn't seem to work for me. I've tried to create new bones for the ponytail and selected the ponytail mesh from the dropdown list prior to create the bones themselves, but when I go to the Weight tool it says it has 'all regions' instead of the ponytail only.

Do you think I'm doing something wrong or this an actual bug? :?
  3. Oh, and another feature I'd love to have is being able to expand and collapse whole chains of bones in the tree view, so we could focus on a specific part of the skeleton instead of scrolling up and down. And if we could colorize them both in the tree view and the graphical view (alla Spine-esque fashion) that would be stellar. :mrgreen:
Sorry for these many questions all at once and thank you!

chong

Post by chong » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:49 pm

Hello,

Thanks for your notes and bug submissions.

1) Actually this does work for me when I just tested it. I can select a couple of bones in weight mode, then click "Apply". It will weigh those bones ( and only the selected bones ). Let me do more thorough testing and see if it fails. The key is to select the multiple bones in Weight Mode (you are already in weighting mode )

2) This looks like a bug, I will get to it and fix it.

3) I need to take a look and see how feasible it is.

2) is definitely a bug, that will be the focus of a fix soon.

Cheers

chong

Post by chong » Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:09 pm

Hello,

Another quick update for you.
First, you can try a special beta test build here:

http://creature.kestrelmoon.com/WinSpar ... /setup.exe

This version has the fix for 2), it is a beta build so there might be some other things that are currently been worked on. With this test version, you should be able to pick the region from the combo box and then create the bone accordingly.

Regarding your issue with 1), I suggest you go into Weight Mode, then Multi-Select the bones you want by holding down the CTRL key and then clicking on the actual drawn bones to select. After that, click "Apply" and see what happens. For me, it works and weighting is only applied to the bones that are multi selected in Weight Mode.

The next official version of Creature will contain the region creation fix.

Cheers

chong

Post by chong » Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:25 pm

Hello,

Yet another update:
So try out the previous test build I gave you, it should fix 2).

I think for 1), are you referring to multi selecting bones in the UI Weight List Window? Yes I see right now it doesn't do anything yet, to multi-select bones you have to hold down CTRL and then click on the actual Drawn bones.

I will also put in a fix so that you can multi select bones from the UI Weight List Window too. For now, multi select on the actual drawn bones.

Cheers

chong

Post by chong » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:56 pm

Hello,

Latest update has been published. Please run and update your copy of Creature.
It should address both the bone weight region creation issue as well as multi-select + apply for auto-weighting via the weight tree ui view.

Cheers

Anaxtasia

Post by Anaxtasia » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:50 am

Thank you Chong!

I'll be sure to try it as soon as time permits. :D