Feature Wish- Workflow

Discuss issues pertaining to the Creature Animation Editor here.
jud

Feature Wish- Workflow

Post by jud » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:59 am

Hi ,

New updates and the amount of work that is going into this program is really exciting - thanks

Just a few thoughts on workflow rather than more feature wishes really.
In animation mode,
It would be helpful if:

1.The key knots slider would show all of the animation length at zoom out regardless of length- so you can see it at a glance.

2. The bottom right hand box with the motor values would open up as high as needed so you can see all the values at once rather than continually scrolling

3. The actual motor values could be changed with (maybe) hitting middle mouse(wheel) and moving left and right.

Thanks, jud

chong

Re: Feature Wish- Workflow

Post by chong » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:05 am

Hello,

Thanks for the very useful input and suggestions! I will take a look at them and keep those in mind for future updates.

With regard to the motor values not all being visible ( so scrolling required ), one thing you can do in the meantime is to maximize the window. You should get a lot more space and visible motor values when the window is expanded.
Having said that, I am thinking of giving an option to expand/contract the ratio between the bones widget and the motor inspector panels so you can decide how much space is needed for each panel.

Cheers

jud

Post by jud » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:49 am

Hey ,

Thanks for the speedy reply -
In terms of maximising the window is there a way to make it taller/higher than the lower third of the screen?

Cheers,

jud

chong

Post by chong » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:56 am

Hello,

Here is the latest news: I will be giving you a new button to expand/shrink the anim inspector views in the next update. You toggle on/off that button which will proceed to expand/shrink the anim inspector view. In the expanded mode, the motors properties view will occupy most of the panel space.

Here is a preview of what it looks like:

Cheers

jud

Post by jud » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:26 am

Looks great. :)

Thanks for being so responsive.

Cheers,

Jud

jud

Post by jud » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:56 pm

Loving the window:)

jud

Post by jud » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:02 pm

Loving the window:)

chong

Post by chong » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:15 pm

Hello,

There are more features coming up. The next update will come in a few weeks ( instead of the usual weekly update ) since it involves a pretty novel/major thing.

Once that is in place future updates will come a bit sooner.

Cheers

Anaxtasia

Post by Anaxtasia » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:41 pm

Hi there,

I've noticed that I cannot access all buttons if I use Creature in my laptop, which is configured for a 1366 x 768 resolution. I know that's not much, but even in my 1080 monitor I have some difficulties to visualize every item in dropdown lists.

So, I was wondering if something could be done about that. Just putting vertical scroll bars in those affected menu areas would do the trick, right?

It would even be better if the window contents dynamically scaled to the parent window, but I know that would be harder to implement, so I'd be happy with those scroll bars alone.

Thank you for reading me.

chong

Post by chong » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:45 pm

Hello,

Which dropdown lists are you referring to? I will note those down and see if I can make them more readable on lower resolution displays for the next update.

Just a heads up: There is a major feature addition coming up for Creature Pro so that's why the update(s) have been coming in less frequently. The next big feature addition should hopefully arrive in a few weeks and then I can start taking a look at refining parts of the UI for lower res displays.