Creature Pro Windows User Experience

Discuss issues pertaining to the Creature Animation Editor here.
zampano

Re: Creature Pro Windows User Experience

Post by zampano » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:26 pm

Oh, that's exactly what I'm talking about. Sorry!
Now don't tell me there's a feature like my other suggestion :D

zampano

Post by zampano » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:26 pm

Hey chong!
I've got two things today:

First, I want to kindly push my suggestion from last time, I wasn't sure if you'd read it since I double posted and you didn't address it yet:
zampano wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:28 pm
It would also be great if it would be possible to edit the affected regions of a bone individually. Sometimes I have multiple layers on top of each other an I want to affect the top one completely and the ones below only partial for example. At the moment, it's quite complicated to either add one region after editing the ones below (very trial-and-error-esque with lots of starting over) or to add another child bone for every single layer instead of using just one.
Second, I wanted to ask if it would be possible to have a feature which is a bit similar to skin swap. Say I have an animated element in my animation that I want to have several skins for, currently it's only possible to do that by creating a new mesh, rigging it to the same bone by hand and creating a skin swap set for each one. This gets complicated fast when the animation of the element itself is a bit more complex. Say I want to change the hair color and the hair consists of several pieces. If there are multiple elements, it becomes very complex, for example, if I want to have different hair colors, different swords, a different armor. Not only would I have to create the meshes all by hand, it would also be a lot of work to try and get the rigs right and nearly the same, just to end up with 20, 50, 100 possible combinations. If it was possible to swap only the source graphic of a mesh, it would become very easy. Maybe it would be easiest if one could create instances of a mesh that you can move around in the meshing area freely to define alternate skins for that mesh. This way, the animations could be the same for all of them without doing it several times. Ideally, it would be possible to later (in our games) switch each meshes skins individually and independently, like hair = red, sword = golden, armor = heavy or whatever. Granted, this is a somewhat bigger feature but it would be very versatile for sure.

chong

Post by chong » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:28 pm

Hello,

For the first feature yes I will look into that. It is possible but I will need to figure out a way to make the workflow streamlined for users like you to edit the regions weighting individually.

For the second feature, if your swapped region is the same target mesh ( but different graphic ) and your intended swapped graphic is more or less the same as the original ( maybe only differing in colour but not actual mesh shape + dimensions ), then the other alternative for you is to use the Sprite Swap functionality. You can use this in conjunction with the Game Engine API to swap to a specific sprite swap id. For example, search for "Switching/Swapping out Items & Regions in Game" in the Unity Runtimes as a reference:
https://www.kestrelmoon.com/creaturedoc ... times.html

Thanks

chong

Post by chong » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:16 am

Hello,

An update: Good news, I will be adding the ability to paint specific regions via a "Visible Regions" button ( will toggle visible regions that are affected by weight painting ) for the next update.

Cheers

zampano

Post by zampano » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:22 am

^ Amazing :)

^^Ah great, I had a look and it seems like it's not documented but still included in the phaser runtime. I'm gonna give it a try soon and report back. Thank you!

zampano

Post by zampano » Wed May 02, 2018 10:31 am

Hey, great work with the update, as always :D :D :D

I've got a small-ish request for something that costs me quite some time. At least 90% of the time, I want my curves to look somewhat like this or at least to look like this before I start to fine-tune them:

Problem is I need to set every point individually to "Set left knot to S-Curve" or "Set right knot to S-Curve" or both. Every time I move one of the keyframes, I also need to do it again to both sides of it.

Now there's the option "Set all knots to S-Curve", but it does this:

Which looks nothing like it and I'm not sure what exactly this could be used for actually :?
So why does it behave like this? Is it on purpose and if so, why would this be preferable over a one click option to get something like in the first picture? Such an option would save me a massive amount of time. I hope you will consider it :)

Thanks for the awesome support!

PS: For some reason my game export settings reset every now and then while generally being saved with my project. I couldn't find a pattern yet :|
Last edited by zampano on Wed May 02, 2018 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chong

Post by chong » Wed May 02, 2018 3:37 pm

Hello,

I just fixed this, please see video:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gayfarwe2t95q ... x.mp4?dl=0

This fix will be in the next update! :)

Cheers

zampano

Post by zampano » Wed May 02, 2018 3:56 pm

ah, great! Hope you find a lead on the PS part, too :)

chong

Post by chong » Thu May 03, 2018 3:44 am

Hello,

Next update will also feature the ability to enter in your desired Anchor Pt via text input ( textboxes for X and Y values ) :)

Cheers