Creature Pro Windows User Experience

Discuss issues pertaining to the Creature Animation Editor here.
zampano

Re: Creature Pro Windows User Experience

Post by zampano » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:43 pm

It happens in many situations. For example when adding, deleting or shifting frames, manually dragging splines, setting them to S-Curves etc. I can't really tell you the steps since it happens in all kinds of really simple situations, no additional motors or anything.

I could however send you a project file if that is still of no help.

chong

Post by chong » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:48 pm

Ok, so are you saying I should just try manually shifting frames and changing curve types? If that will trigger the crash, I will investigate the cause. Is this correct?

Thanks

zampano

Post by zampano » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:52 pm

Yeah, kind of. At least for me it does.
But I'd be happy to help you out with my project file if you think it will help.
For the record, I've got the latest update.

chong

Post by chong » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:56 pm

Ok, please PM me your Creature Project, I will take a look at it soon.

Thanks

zampano

Post by zampano » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:09 pm

Done. Thank you!

chong

Post by chong » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:01 am

Hello,

Just posted a new release 3.23. I found a bug with the Simple Xform motor, something your sample project used quite a bit.
Not sure if that will fix everything but this is definitely a problem so I have patched it in. Will keep looking for anything else.

Thanks

zampano

Post by zampano » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:31 am

Nice, that really does seem to do the trick!
I'll report when I encounter more problems, thank you very much. :)

zampano

Post by zampano » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:15 pm

Hey chong, it's been a while! I'm gonna do some more animating the next few weeks, so I might drop by and give some more feedback if that's okay :)

For starters, it would be extremely helpful if it was possible to edit meshes after adding them in the rig view or even after weighing. Sometimes I only realize that I need a different polygon depth when doing the final animating and that means that I often lose lots of progress in order to go back and adjust the mesh to the needs.

zampano

Post by zampano » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:28 pm

It would also be great if it would be possible to edit the affected regions of a bone individually. Sometimes I have multiple layers on top of each other an I want to affect the top one completely and the ones below only partial for example. At the moment, it's quite complicated to either add one region after editing the ones below (very trial-and-error-esque with lots of starting over) or to add another child bone for every single layer instead of using just one.

chong

Post by chong » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:15 pm

zampano wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:15 pm
Hey chong, it's been a while! I'm gonna do some more animating the next few weeks, so I might drop by and give some more feedback if that's okay :)

For starters, it would be extremely helpful if it was possible to edit meshes after adding them in the rig view or even after weighing. Sometimes I only realize that I need a different polygon depth when doing the final animating and that means that I often lose lots of progress in order to go back and adjust the mesh to the needs.
Hello,

So you can actually edit ( I assume you mean re-mesh ) the mesh in meshing mode, then click Tools -> Sync Mesh to Rig Regions to sync it up. This might be somewhat helpful to what you are referring to?

Thanks