Export problem

Discuss issues pertaining to the Creature Animation Editor here.
Aldwyns

Export problem

Post by Aldwyns » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:54 am

One of my projects have gotten a problem with exporting.

Everything seems fine in mesh,rigging and animation.
But when I click the Export > Game Engines button, I can't see the character anymore.
And when taken into the game engine, we get an error saying "json obj undefined" when it tries to create the character.

I have tried recreating all the steps I did in this project with the same files, but have been unable to re-create the problem.

I have uploaded my creaProj folder to wetransfer

I can redo the work, but I am afraid of this happening again.
Is there any way of salvaging what is there?

Thanks
Jon

chong

Re: Export problem

Post by chong » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:27 pm

Hello,

Thanks for your submission and I think I have resolved/found out how to fix your problem.
You did not weigh all the regions in your project.

1) Go into Rig Mode -> Bone mode

2) Switch to Bone Weighting Mode

3) Do you see that your black box is Red in colour? This means it is not weighted and hence your character has undefined/unweighted mesh regions. If you apply a dummy bone and weigh it, your character will show up in the Game Export window.

You can remove that region by deleting it in the Mesh Mode ( Pro version ) or simply click on it in Animate Mode ( in Regions Submode ) and set its Opacity to 0. Opacity shows up as a track to be keyframed in the Keys/Knots Timeline.

Thanks

Aldwyns

Post by Aldwyns » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:33 am

Fantastic!
Thanks for the help Chong!

Maybe a notice when you encounter that issue would be good, in future versions ;)

Is there any way for me myself to read an error log or such?
It seems we might be separated by a few timezones (GMT+1 here), so it would be great if I had a better chance at figuring these things out myself.

chong

Post by chong » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:47 am

Hello,

I can look into maybe showing a warning/error for such an issue in the future updates :)

Cheers