A few editor questions: Copy Motors, Focus Frame and Mirroring Bone

Discuss issues pertaining to the Creature Animation Editor here.
Phaino

A few editor questions: Copy Motors, Focus Frame and Mirroring Bone

Post by Phaino » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:58 am

Just got creature and really liking this method of animating!

Here are few questions that I have so far:
  • Is there any way to copy a motor with all of its settings?
  • Is there a way to focus the frame on a given region/bone? Sometimes, if I am holding control and RMB, my camera can go to crazy places. I have to close and restart Creature to reset the camera.
  • If I have regions overlapping one another and the same bone affecting both regions, is there a way to choose to only paint to a single region at a time? At the moment, whenever I try to manually paint weights on overlapping regions, both regions get the same weights applied.
  • Is there support for root motion?
Anyway, I'm still going through the docs (quite a bit to sift through) so I'm still new. Thank you in advance!

chong

Re: A few editor questions: Copy Motors, Focus Frame and Mirroring Bone

Post by chong » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:09 am

Hello,

1) In Animate Mode, click Animate -> Copy Values of Selected Motor ( and its corresponding Paste Values of Selected Motor ). Also has shortcut keys, you can also do custom binding in the Preferences Window.

2) Not yet, will look into adding this feature in upcoming updates. Good call.

3) Not directly, but if you only want a bone to influence a particular region, you can set that in Rig Mode by clicking on the "Affected Regions" button. One other way is to manually move that region out first to paint then move it back. But yes, a more direct method should be implemented.

4) When you rig, just make sure the first bone you add is the Root Bone. It is normally placed some distance away at the base of the character for root motion.

Thanks

Phaino

Post by Phaino » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:14 am

Thank you!!

Phaino

Post by Phaino » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:44 am

I just realized I never asked one of my questions in the title. Is there a way to mirror bones along an axis? And also, is there a way to see the bones exact transform data?

chong

Post by chong » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:35 am

Hello,

No there isn't a mirror feature yet. As for transforms, if it has a FK motor you can see the translate X and Y and angle per knot. But actual animation data is not displayable in animation mode. I will take note of these and put them in a list of feature requests.

Right now, there will be a big major update coming up that has a very advanced mesh node execution feature to enable effects like sophisticated face expressions with head turning motion. There will also be a couple of bug fixes associated with the Simple Transform motor.

Thanks

Phaino

Post by Phaino » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:43 pm

Awesome! Looking forward to it!