Bone following animation questions

Discuss issues pertaining to the Creature Animation Editor here.
nyb

Bone following animation questions

Post by nyb » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:45 am

First, Creature is amazing and brilliant!

I was working on an animation where I wanted to attach a pin jointed element to follow another bone movement, but I wanted it offset.
It seems I can enter in whole numbers in the X and Y offsets, but a value of 1 was placing my pin end too far off my intended target.
It also doesn't seem like I can enter in a decimal place to get finer increments. Is there something I need to be doing instead?

chong

Re: Bone following animation questions

Post by chong » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:51 am

Hello,

I suggest for a precise offset that you can tweak visually, add an additional dummy bone that is not weighted to anything. Then you pin it to that bone. This way you have a lot more flexibility in what you are doing.

Thanks

nyb

Post by nyb » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:44 pm

Thanks, adding a specific bone did the trick.

How do I "turn off" bone tracking if I decide to remove it?

chong

Post by chong » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:27 am

Hello,

I am not sure if this directly helps your question/issue but it might be of some assistance. There is a Free FK Motor you can install on any bone. Free FK means that the bone will not be bound to any of it parents and so you are free to move it in space. You can also keyframe some animations using other bone motors, then click Converto FK Motors ( and check Free FK ) to convert those animations to Free FK. After that, you are free to move the Free FK bones around as you please.