Error report. "fail to load image from file....." when I export to sheet.

Discuss issues pertaining to the Creature Animation Editor here.
skydash

Error report. "fail to load image from file....." when I export to sheet.

Post by skydash » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:46 am

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ehzpfmwpfanmk ... 4.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gqg5wdhmhp0j ... x1pfa?dl=0
Project folder and log is here.

Maybe it happened because I deleted some of unused "character.png" in project folder. I re-imported my .psd and re-mesh several times to change padding and grid resolution.

chong

Re: Error report. "fail to load image from file....." when I export to sheet.

Post by chong » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:53 am

Hello,

Yes please do not delete away the png images in your folder if they were not introduced by you. If you did that, you will have corrupted your project.
You can try reverting to a previous state but if those images are gone, it might still be a problem.

Thanks

skydash

Post by skydash » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:05 am

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/l5wxwqusgkt7 ... 3pTia?dl=0

I created a new project and re-worked all. This time, I did not erased "character.png". I got the same errors.
Maybe because I re-mesh after I put some bones.

However, I can export from a post process.

chong

Post by chong » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:27 am

Hello,

This is a separate issue and probably does not have anything to do with you adding bones or regions.
The issue at hand is from your error screenshot, Creature was not able to write the output recording images to your AppData Temp Folder. Either this folder does not exist ( it should since it is the standard Temp folder on Windows, apps depend on it for Temp writing ) or you have not given permissions for applications to write into that folder.

Either that or you can try recording your videos with a different resolution ( either higher or smaller ). If the resolution is too small, it will not be able to make for a valid video or gif ( but raw image frames will be fine ) because those images could not be generated.

I opened up your project and recorded videos with no issues.

Thanks

skydash

Post by skydash » Thu May 03, 2018 6:44 pm

I exported to images sequence instead of a single sheet. Creature show this warning. It is about a resolution. I set resolution as 256, 128, 64, 32. But Creature could not recorded all of these resolution.

Maybe I set a grid resolution too high when I started meshing. (1024 x 1024).

Creature can still export images from my previous projects.

chong

Post by chong » Thu May 03, 2018 7:44 pm

Hello,

I found your problem. Go into Rig Mode, switch to Bone Weighting mode:

When you see a Red mesh, you should make sure the mesh weighting regions are weighted. Red mesh colours indicate completely unweighted mesh points. This resulted in Creature not able to find a correct bounding size for your character during recording. I went in and weighted in all your unweighted ( Red ) mesh regions, did a record with AutoSize to Animation and it worked.

Make sure you also weight that border green mesh, I think you forgot to weigh that as well.

Thanks