Crashing in DeepAI walk

Discuss issues pertaining to the Creature Animation Editor here.
nyb

Crashing in DeepAI walk

Post by nyb » Sun May 06, 2018 6:24 pm

Trying to use this feature with Windows. I downloaded and extracted the zip file. In the dialog box, I point to that extracted folder and hit "Close". A few seconds later, the program will crash.

chong

Re: Crashing in DeepAI walk

Post by chong » Sun May 06, 2018 8:44 pm

Hello,

I just tested with a clean Creature install and a fresh download of the walking AI model. It worked with no issues.
When you extract the zip file, you should point the folder to the "dwalk.dmove" folder. I think for certain extractors, there will be an extra top folder that will contain the actual "dwalk.dmove" folder. If you pointed it at the wrong folder, that might explain the issue.

But if you were doing it correctly, I will need to investigate more. I have successfully run it on multiple windows machines including laptops with no problems so far.

Thanks

nyb

Post by nyb » Mon May 07, 2018 9:51 pm

I've tried moving the folder around, but I don't think the program allows you to pick the wrong folder anyway or else it tells you the "files are missing". Basically I get the windows "timer" for a few seconds, and then a dialog box that says "creature.exe has stopped working" and shuts down the program.

Is there anything I can help diagnose?
I'm using a Galaxy Book 12, i5, windows 10, 4 GB ram.

chong

Post by chong » Mon May 07, 2018 10:42 pm

Hello,

That is quite strange. Unfortunately I will need to do more testing on different devices on my end. So far all the devices I tried it on run it fine. The AI inference libraries might have some device specific issues with certain laptops ( since it is a high performance inference library ) but more time will be needed to investigate...

Thanks