Creature Custom Poly & Mesh Motor Graphic Problems

Discuss issues pertaining to the Creature Animation Editor here.
denin

Creature Custom Poly & Mesh Motor Graphic Problems

Post by denin » Wed May 09, 2018 8:10 pm

Hello, I am new to Creature and I have been playing around with the Trial. I'm on Windows 7 and I have come up with some strange behaviour. I have a video on Youtube that demonstrates the problems:
https://youtu.be/9ZKnUgQLHh4

Firstly, at 0:08s you'll see that I create a closed custom poly that doesn't close as I would expect and leaves a triangle out of the image. I can't figure out how to add that extra edge in.

At 0:13, I try to add other vertices, which close that line problem above, but introduce significant visual anomalies which make working pretty much impossible.

At 1:30 I add a mesh motor and you see that the UI gets garbled with graphical anomalies.

I am using Creature Trial 3.43.

Any ideas as to what is going on?

chong

Re: Creature Custom Poly & Mesh Motor Graphic Problems

Post by chong » Wed May 09, 2018 8:50 pm

Hello,

Thanks for your very helpful video. This is super strange because I just replicated your example with a similar simple test case using the Custom Poly tool There were no issues and the polygon was created correctly. The Custom Poly tool is used everyday in production by some major studios running both Win 7, Win 8 and Win 10. This requires a bit more investigation.

Does this issue occur with a different input PNG image?

I am on Windows 10 though, not sure if there is any difference ( there really shouldn't be ). Will need to investigate more into this issue.

Thanks

denin

Post by denin » Wed May 09, 2018 8:52 pm

Thanks for the response. Just to update, I did try uninstalling & reinstalling and using a different image but I'm getting the same problem. If you need any information from me, let me know. I'm also going to try on another computer when I get a chance, but I'd love to solve this since this machine is where I'll be doing a decent amount of my development on.

chong

Post by chong » Wed May 09, 2018 8:55 pm

Hello,

If you don't mind, can you PM me with your test image ( send a dropbox link that is private only to me via a Personal Forum Message ).
I want to replicate and test it out on my dev machine.

Thanks

denin

Post by denin » Wed May 09, 2018 9:07 pm

I can't message you personally since I just registered. Here is the link:

[REMOVED]

Just let me know when you have it, I'll edit my post to remove the link.

Thanks.

Edit: Removed link.
Last edited by denin on Thu May 10, 2018 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chong

Post by chong » Thu May 10, 2018 2:51 am

Hello,

So I replicated your exact test on multiple platforms and machines ( laptops, desktops etc. ) and all of them created the custom polygon just fine.
Here is one of the recording sessions to show you the custom poly operation working:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/swocqq9471d38 ... g.mp4?dl=0

I am not sure why it is failing on your hardware but it might be a hardware specific issue? Not sure but right now, it works on a variety of machines we have here ( from low end to high end desktops )

Thanks

denin

Post by denin » Thu May 10, 2018 2:02 pm

I don't doubt that it works fine on most machines, it is a fairly basic operation after all. I do appreciate you taking the time to look into it. If you are interested in figuring out the solution for the sake of your application, please let me know. It may be too rare a bug to spend time on, I do understand that.

Cheers