RIG MODE suggestions

Discuss issues pertaining to the Creature Animation Editor here.
furrfire

RIG MODE suggestions

Post by furrfire » Sun May 27, 2018 8:24 am

Hello again, I've been busy... which means I Got some more Quality of life\UI suggestions, this time for RIG mode.

HIGHLIGHT THE GRAPHIC WITH SKIN MANAGER TOO--
I'd like to be able to click on a region name in the skin manager- and see that region graphic mesh get highlighted in some way- similar to like what would happen if I selected it from the region list on the right side of the screen instead- so I know what mesh I am exactly grabbing *can be a problem if you have lots of similar named parts, and various swaps setup*

IGNORE MESHES WHEN CLICKING IF THEY ARE NOT ON THE CURRENT SELECTED SKIN SET TO ACTIVE--
I keep grabbing a mesh I don't want to grab, which is set in place for a skin swap I am not using at that time. I have a lot of meshes in what I am doing so this does become somewhat annoying at times to deal with.

REMOVE REGION MESH FROM SKIN SWAP BUTTON ENHANCEMENT--
If I left click or drag to select a bunch of my meshes from the work space *not the name lists*- to be able to hit the MINUS symbol in skin manager to REMOVE any of those that might happen to be in that currently selected skin swap.-- Currently I can drag select to ADD them without an issue- but no way to remove them without clicking their name in the skin swap manager first.

DESELECTING IN SKIN MANAGER--
If I click on empty space- it doesn't deselect what is currently selected in the skin manager. Changing skins does deselect however.

I hope I worded this okay enough for you to understand, I'm pretty tired after a long day. Non of these requests are super important, I could live without them, but it would be nice to have these enhancements at some point. ;)

chong

Re: RIG MODE suggestions

Post by chong » Sun May 27, 2018 4:11 pm

Hello,

Good suggestions, I will take a look some time when I get the cycles and implement the ones that are feasible.

Cheers

furrfire

Post by furrfire » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:58 pm

just tested the newest update-
Thank you once again, pretty happy with the skin swapping ui improvements. Far less stressful trying to grab the meshes I want.

I came up with another suggestion I hope you'll like---

IN RIG MODE-
Add a little button under the shirt icon *REGION MODE*. This new button is to show and hide the skin swap window.

furrfire

Post by furrfire » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:16 pm

Thinking on it more--- possibly make the skin swap window open by default in rig and animation mode or an option in preferences to be on by default? I use skin swapping a lot.

chong

Post by chong » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:30 pm

Hello,

So not everybody uses SkinSwapping all the time, this is more of a user specific case so a bit more thought will have to be put into this one.
Maybe a user-defined shortcut or something to open up SkinSwapping might be more appropriate.

In any case, I am working on a major feature update to Creature Pro to benefit all users ( which I am sure you will appreciate too :) ) so other updates will have to be logged and scheduled for a later date.

PS: Maybe one better idea I have when I get the cycles is to make the SkinSwapping open by default IF you have a rig/character already setup with Skin Swapping. That might be the best compromise.

Thanks

furrfire

Post by furrfire » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:53 pm

Yeah I completely understand not everyone would want it on. A preference option for it being on by default would be my first choice- as even when I start a new creature project, it's a sure fire thing I'll be doing skin swapping and then I have to go up into the menu on BOTH rig and animation screens to grab it every single time. A hotkey would be fine too.

It's not a major issue of course, a minor quality of life thing... it certainly can wait while you do this secret awesome new thing I am very curious about. :D