Looking for some advice

Discuss issues pertaining to the Creature Animation Editor here.
Altor

Looking for some advice

Post by Altor » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:17 pm

Greetings, everyone! It's a pleasure to share this forum with all of you. I'm looking forwards to share my humble creations with all of you. It's going to be so much fun.

I wanted to ask for some advice on the following topics:

-Making front or back animations. By this I mean drawing the character looking to the camera or backwards. In case someone has managed to do it using the Motion Transfer mode or the deep ai walk, please allow me to know what I'm doing wrong by telling me how you achieve it, for my front animations don't work at all at the moment. I'm sure it must be me, for those features are like magic. Seeing an example would be priceless.

-Changing the pivot of one of the character's pieces, like the place you rotate an arm or so, so it doesn't show that it's a cutout , by getting fragmented (or how to set the pieces to rotate them properly).

Any advice, pointing me to a book, some tutorial, anything would be much appreciated. I'm a complete noob to this amazing field, and I wanted to start with what I consider to be the best piece of software available without doubt. Thank you so much for your advice.

chong

Re: Looking for some advice

Post by chong » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:47 pm

Not sure about a tutorial, but here's a link of what some people have done:
https://twitter.com/retronator/status/1 ... 9187073026

Cheers

Altor

Re: Looking for some advice

Post by Altor » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:21 am

Thanks a lot! I'll investigate it.