Psd file import and discord

Discuss issues pertaining to the Creature Animation Editor here.
zorosan

Psd file import and discord

Post by zorosan » Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:05 am

Hi,

I've been having trouble import psd file. It seems that creature doesn't accept psd with folders? Also how fo i determine what resolution is need? ( say if my file is 2000px X 3000px, 300 dpi)

Any plans for a creature discord? I think it's more convenient to ask questions on discord than a forum

Thank you.

chong

Re: Psd file import and discord

Post by chong » Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:56 pm

Hello,

There are some guidelines for PSD import here:
https://www.kestrelmoon.com/creaturedoc ... eline.html

Hope that helps.

Thanks

zorosan

Post by zorosan » Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:56 pm

I'm having a hard time getting psd to import correctly.

I'm trying the PSD Autolayout Script method but I'm running issues with the psdgui.py file.

As a new user, I really wish the psd import is more friendly/easy. (like drag and drop in live2d, or even just run a photoshop scrip like spine) This is my honest feedback as a new user. I'm not a tech savy programmer and Python Package is not intuitive to me. I spent 2-3 hours just trying to figure out why the pip installer weren't installing the packages correctly. After that's fixed, I'm running issues with the psdgui.py. Creature seems promising and I really want to learn it, but just the file import alone is making me want to give up.

Thank you.

zorosan

Post by zorosan » Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:29 am

I was able to get the psdgui.py to run after adding parentheses to the print command in the .py files but then I run into this

chong

Post by chong » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:19 am

Hello,

Unfortunately we don't support PSD with folders currently. The PSD format is a closed format so getting the reader to support that will be difficult.

Thanks