Creature 2D crash when exiting Mesh Warp Mode

Discuss issues pertaining to the Creature Animation Editor here.
spinningtime7

Creature 2D crash when exiting Mesh Warp Mode

Post by spinningtime7 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:49 pm

Hello, I want to ask about a particular bug. I am still new but this bug seems to be pretty obvious.

When entering the Mesh Warp Mode (To give an illusion of 3d when face is rotating around the neck like the Creature Face Warp Tutorial), whenever I click done, Creature 2D always crash. I also can't tick the Attachment or the Back Projection box.

Could it be because I am using the Free Version? and that what I tried to do is related to the "3D face wrapping" Feature that is only available on the pro version?

Creature 2D is a really convenient tool to develop animation so major bug like this feels very disheartening to me. Any feedback would be appreciated.

chong

Re: Creature 2D crash when exiting Mesh Warp Mode

Post by chong » Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:55 pm

Hello,

You should use the grid deformer instead of the mesh warp. It will achieve what you want and should be more stable.

Thanks

spinningtime7

Post by spinningtime7 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:00 am

I kind of like the mesh warp though. Can this feature be used in the pro version? (Does it crash like the free version?)

chong

Post by chong » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:12 am

Hello,

Sorry it is recommended to use the grid deformer instead since it has more feature to work with the rest of the pipeline.

Thanks