Doubt about speed testing of animations

Discuss issues pertaining to the Creature Animation Editor here.
Gustavo MARC

Doubt about speed testing of animations

Post by Gustavo MARC » Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:21 pm

Hi... first of all I would like to congratulate the excellent animation tool that is CREATURE. I've been studying a lot the potential it can provide us. I intend to soon start using it in schools here in Brazil, with students who are already developing their games.

Here are questions and suggestions if you allow me:

1) I would like to know if there is any feature to change the speed of animations made just for testing and before exporting. In other animation software this is very common and it also helps a lot when we are going to teach animation. In them, just adjust the speeds without touching the timeline. To better clarify my question, send a video:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

2) I would suggest an interface with more colors. They can help a lot in learning and in better fixing the software functions.

chong

Re: Doubt about speed testing of animations

Post by chong » Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:31 am

Hello,

1) You can actually change the FPS of the playback animation in the settings/preferences menu

2) Having said that, when you do export to your Game Engine, you can change the playback speed directly. This is just an animation timeStep ( since everything is interpolated ). So you can have the animation as fast or as slow as you want.

Thanks