GAME MAKER STUDIO

Discuss issues pertaining to the various game/web runtimes of Creature here.
RunningMan

Re: GAME MAKER STUDIO

Post by RunningMan » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:58 am

I don't know if this will help - it explains more about the commands available for Spine in GameMaker: http://docs2.yoyogames.com/index.html?p ... index.html

chong

Post by chong » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:44 pm

Hello all,

Thank you for the info, the Creature core runtimes are all in generic C++. If I can get some assistance on the Gamemaker side to write the appropriate interface ( DLL etc. to Gamemaker ), it should run in their engine.

The other option is to export to FBX and if Gamemaker supports FBX import, then you can export Creature Bone Motors only animation into Gamemaker. Remember that bone motors still mean bone skinning ( mesh deformation via bone transformations )

Cheers

RunningMan

Post by RunningMan » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:23 pm

Hi Chong.

If you have the time please look at this article: http://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/arti ... -GMS-v1-3-
It tells you how to create an extension for GameMaker and how to interface with dll's. I'd be happy to assist you with this on the GameMaker side, but I'm not a c++ programmer and need some input from you as to how to approach a task like this.

chong

Post by chong » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:51 pm

Thanks for the info! I will investigate further when I get the cycles.

Cheers!

chong

Post by chong » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:40 pm

Hello,

Preliminary investigation of GM support reveals a couple of issues. First of all, their extension mechanism does not seem to allow complex input types as arguments. Also, they only return basic types for function return statements ( string or number )

This will be an issue since Creature is a completely mesh based system and thus will be working on a lot of vertex data ( high performance throughput required ). The GM extension system, at least from initial investigation, does not allow for this.

More investigation will be required but these are the findings so far.

Cheers

RunningMan

Post by RunningMan » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:35 am

Thanks for the update, appreciate it.

Pixel Mush

Post by Pixel Mush » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:15 pm

Hi chong I was wondering if creature interfaces with Game Maker (2) yet? They have it on humble bundle for $15 for the pro version for the next 5 days (usually $400+). I was thinking about purchasing this, but I really have no use for it if the animation program I use (this one :P) doesn't work with it.

https://www.humblebundle.com/gamemaker- ... contribute

chong

Post by chong » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:49 pm

Hello,

Actually I did some research into GameMaker and found out their interface to set large data input ( like a Creature Mesh for instance ) is quite inefficient. So right now I am not sure if we can get Creature runtimes functioning in GameMaker just yet.

If you have any more info on that or can get the GameMaker devs to give me more insight into this let me know.

Cheers