GAME MAKER STUDIO

Discuss issues pertaining to the various game/web runtimes of Creature here.
0nepice

GAME MAKER STUDIO

Post by 0nepice » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:49 pm

is there a GMS runtime? :?:

chong

Re: GAME MAKER STUDIO

Post by chong » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:08 am

Hello,

Thanks for your question. We do not have an extension for Game Maker Studio yet, perhaps in the future we will have it if the demand for it is high. Right now most users are on the Unity and UE4 runtimes.

Having said that, Creature already supports export to: FBX, Sprite Sheets and Sprite Frames.
This means it should already slot into the Game Maker framework if it supports any of those file formats.

Cheers

0nepice

Post by 0nepice » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:38 pm

Oh i see, but game maker it´s a very popular engine to, and one animation (image format) weights a lot more than a json animation for example, if you need a game maker studio key i can donate you one, for testing and stuff :) .

chong

Post by chong » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:24 pm

Thank you for your kind offer! I might take you up on it when I get the time to work on the GameMaker runtime :)
What programming languages does GameMaker support?

Cheers

0nepice

Post by 0nepice » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:33 pm

"GameMaker Language" is the official language of GM, is very similar to C++, i hope you can make a runtime :) my offer is always open :D

blurymind

Post by blurymind » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:41 pm

i too have no use of this software untill you provide runtime/support for game maker :|

Some other desirable runtimes:
- construct2
- clickteam fusion

Those are the engines that I have license to use.

chong

Post by chong » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:04 pm

Hello,

In terms of the engines you have just mentioned, the core Creature JS runtimes are really extensible.
In other words, if I can get some additional help (since the core is already on github anyway), the port to your mentioned engines can happen a lot sooner!

Cheers!

blurymind

Post by blurymind » Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:44 pm

Hi Chong,
I am more than certain that the developers of said engines would be more than happy to help you create run times for them!
Please, post at their forums or directly email their developers.For game maker, they have a contact form here:
https://www.yoyogames.com/company/contact
The quickest way to get their attention is by filing a bug at the bug tracker:
https://www.yoyogames.com/support/bug
The third approach is to create a thread at their development forum - that way you might get game maker's community to help with an implementation via an extension.

For construct2, I created a new thread at their work in progress forum:
https://www.scirra.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 3&t=165653

For clickteam fusion, your best bet is doing the same- just post at the development forum and see who gets interested.

Please, share a link to the github/etc where you have the JS runtime at those forums.

chong

Post by chong » Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:03 am

Hello,

Thanks for the info!

Regarding the Construct 2 implementation:
Can you please get the person who wrote a partial Construct 2 Creature plugin to get in touch with me? I will be more than happy to sync up with him/her and provide more sample code and examples with multiple animations.

You can get that person to email me:
creature@kestrelmoon.com

Cheers

chong

Post by chong » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:46 pm

Here is the elephant sample:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/i9zq3ywgpm7pm ... rt.7z?dl=0

It has the following animations:
realWalk
attack1
attack2
death

Let me know if you need more samples, I will be happy to export more for you guys.
Also feel free to ask any technical questions regarding the JS portion of it too.

Cheers