UE4 - no Persona support?

Discuss issues pertaining to the various game/web runtimes of Creature here.
tappysparks

UE4 - no Persona support?

Post by tappysparks » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:28 am

Hi Chong,

It's me again. I just realised that creature's animation states can't be edited with persona, which is disappointing because I require quite an advanced degree of character customisation with sockets to achieve the layering that I want.

Any plans in the future to allow this? I see a lot of potential because I just compared my two different animations on UE4 and creature's animation workflow is much smoother than paper2d. But paper2d has sockets to work with different sprites.

I'm also really confused with how to set up the sprite swapping system in creature so I wanted to do that with UE4 instead. Python sucks.

chong

Re: UE4 - no Persona support?

Post by chong » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:35 am

Hello,

Sprite Swapping does not require Python, it's just using the Sprite Frame Manager in Creature.

If you want to use Persona, the current method now is to export your Creature Animations as FBX, then you can again use the standard UE4 pipeline to author your animations.

Cheers

milan.mancel

Post by milan.mancel » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:05 am

Hi Tappysparks,

best way is to do FBX export. In Persona then you have all animations and you can attach sockets to bones as well as do any animation blending or montage. Yesterday I was experimenting with that and works without any problem.

Milan

tappysparks

Post by tappysparks » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:09 pm

Thanks for the response guys! I hope blender doesn't screw things up in the import process when I morph the mesh!