UE4 CreatureBoneOverride

Discuss issues pertaining to the various game/web runtimes of Creature here.
Rinzzler

UE4 CreatureBoneOverride

Post by Rinzzler » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:19 pm

Just a question about this live override functionality. When I use it ingame the child bones do not follow, they remain in their original positions, for example I have an arm holding a bow and when changing the position of the arm bone I figured the child bones of the weapon would follow, but they do not. Is this the way it is supposed to work or am I missing something?
When using the live IK the bones follow properly.

Thanks

chong

Re: UE4 CreatureBoneOverride

Post by chong » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:16 pm

Hello,

Yes the boneoverride feature is an absolute override; it is meant to allow you to override the start and end positions of a specific ( or group ) of bones.

This means it will not result in the child bones getting moved by the parent if you override the parent. The reasoning behind this is to allow you to easily override bone positions to say match a custom target skeleton you have with a similar hierarchy. Or if you have a custom physics engine that is simulating all the bones of the system and you want to override all the bones with your custom physics system.

Having said that, it looks like you are asking for the ability to automatically move child bones as well. When I get the cycles I will take a look at adding this feature into the UE4 plugin.

Cheers

Rinzzler

Post by Rinzzler » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:31 pm

Okay, I understand. Just one more thing. IK seems to malfunction a bit for me. I put in two bone names that are in sequence and when setting a target position just the first bone rotates toward the position while the other one keeps its world rotation, it just moves a little bit, way off the target location. I ll post a few screenshots if needed.

chong

Post by chong » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:36 pm

Hello,

Do you mind messaging me privately on the forum ( you can send me a private msg ) with a dropbox link of your exported character package ( JSON and Texture image )

Tell me which 2 bones to set IK for and I can do some testing/debugging for you.

Cheers

chong

Post by chong » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:04 pm

Hello,

I just made a couple of patches to the Creature UE4 Plugin with regards to IK.
Can you sync up, clean and rebuild your plugin in your project.

Cheers

chong

Post by chong » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:12 pm

Issue has been resolved with the newest updates.

Cheers