[UE4] Reimport workflow question

Discuss issues pertaining to the various game/web runtimes of Creature here.
JoscelinFrost

[UE4] Reimport workflow question

Post by JoscelinFrost » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:52 pm

Hey all!

Having a great time digging into this tool and getting it up and running for my game. I've run into a bit of a problem though, I can't seem to figure out how to reimport my changes into Unreal.

I followed the basic dragon tutorial and got my character working without issue, creating a blueprint and Creature Animation Asset. I went back and adjusted the layout a bit which meant breaking the character's arm into a couple more pieces from the initial version. After exporting it from creature however, I am unable to get the change to show up in unreal, reimporting the animation asset and rebuilding the blueprint don't seem to have an effect.

Any tips or clues to what I might be missing? Thanks!

JoscelinFrost

Re: [UE4] Reimport workflow question

Post by JoscelinFrost » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:56 pm

Odd, apparently at least in my case, closing and opening the editor caused it to refresh. Anyone else run into this issue in the past?

I'd like to figure out if I'm doing something wrong but at least I have a slow workaround now.

Thanks!

chong

Post by chong » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:22 pm

Hello,

I can take a look at it when I get the cycles.
In the meantime, you can:

1) Try Live Sync if it is Creature Pro:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_AMiFnxTTg

2) If 1) still has issues, delete away the asset and re-create it. So you don't have to close the entire editor, just re-create the asset.

Cheers

JoscelinFrost

Post by JoscelinFrost » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:54 pm

Thanks for the reply!

Its not a big deal at the moment and forces me to batch my changes instead of obsessively reimporting :D

I am using Creature standard at the moment so the live sync isn't available, but I will post any work arounds if I find them. I'll try deleting the asset as you suggested but that starts getting a bit more rough when it is referenced in multiple locations.

Thanks again!