'Creature Animation Pack Plugin' plugin was designed for a different version of the engine (UE4 4.16)

Discuss issues pertaining to the various game/web runtimes of Creature here.
rasponien

'Creature Animation Pack Plugin' plugin was designed for a different version of the engine (UE4 4.16)

Post by rasponien » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:28 pm

Hello!

I designed a character for my game and animated it. Next I wanted to import the recently created character into UE4 (with version 4.16).
I added the Creature plugin to plugins folder (tried it with both CreaturePackPlugin and CreatureEditorAndPlugin), but it keeps throwing me this warning. Should I be worried or not?

Offtopic (or maybe not, as it might be associated with the plugin version) - when I try to import my character into the game (by setting the material, metadata and animation asset), the character appears completely dark in game world, but not in the blueprint editor. Not sure what causes it.

Waiting for your response,
With regards.

chong

Re: 'Creature Animation Pack Plugin' plugin was designed for a different version of the engine (UE4 4.16)

Post by chong » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:36 pm

Hello,

Both the plugins are for UE4.17, that is why the warning is showing up. I recommend you upgrade to UE4.17 just in case there are any issues.
CreaturePlugins are always updated to the latest official UE4 version posted by Epic.

If it is completely dark, it just means a material issue. Make sure you understand how the material system works, or if you just want it to show up, set it to "Mask", and then connect up the colour nodes to "Emission" so always light up.

Cheers

rasponien

Re: 'Creature Animation Pack Plugin' plugin was designed for a different version of the engine (UE4 4.16)

Post by rasponien » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:34 am

Hello!

Thanks for your reply. I'm aware of different material types out there, but I just forgot to setup the emission output, due to fact that it's not DefautlLit shading model I am using.
However, I've tried to ask for help in the UE4 forums whether it's possible to use 2D lights in my game, do you have any clue? For me it seems that Orthographic camera doesn't supoort lights. Everything turns out to be black from orthographic camera, but perspective shows it perfectly. Any way to overcome this problem? I use DefaultLitSpriteMaterial as the sprite material.

About the version - when using your software, I should always upgrade to higher version? Doesn't it cause problems in the current project and when the project is big, it's hard to deduce what's the problem's source (and I'm all alone working on it :/) ? I am just wondering, haven't upgraded the engine yet.

Waiting for you response,
with regards

chong

Post by chong » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:09 am

Hello,

That seems more to be a UE4 specific question, unfortunately I am not too sure myself. However, you can probably set camera parameters on the perspective settings to make it approach an orthographic projection ( that's what I will do )

As for updating your engine, there is a reason why the code is on GitHub. This means you can clone the latest version, then rollback to whichever version you want using GitHub tools. I recommend you doing that if you need backwards compatibility.

Cheers

rasponien

Post by rasponien » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:00 am

Hello!

Yep, I'm sorry that I asked a specific question here in this thread, but was a bit desparate that noone hasn't answered to my question yet after months, so I thought maybe You have any ideas how to solve this problem.

About updating the engine - I think I haven't used GitHub tools that much to rollback to other versions. I'm more aware of how the basics work (like git pull, git clone, git commit -m and git push and some more commands :D). I'll try that out in the future :)

Thanks alot for the information!
With regards