UE4.25 crash on CreatureWidget drag/drop

Discuss issues pertaining to the various game/web runtimes of Creature here.
AsceDusk

UE4.25 crash on CreatureWidget drag/drop

Post by AsceDusk » Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:44 am

Hi, I ran into a crash in my 4.25.3
It occurs when I drag and drop a Creature Widget onto a blank canvas.

Something to do with a null CreatureManager? Am I supposed to initialise it somewhere in code?
From the video tutorials I simply downloaded the plugin and added it to my project, compiled it in Visual Studios and the editor launched fine. I can see it in the plugin list enabled too.

Here is the stack trace:

Code: Select all

Assertion failed: IsValid() [File:X:\Epic Games\UE_4.25\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Templates/SharedPointer.h] [Line: 890]

UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_CreaturePlugin!CreatureCore::GetProcMeshData() [X:\UnrealProjects\Blah\Plugins\CreaturePlugin\Source\CreaturePlugin\Private\CreatureCore.cpp:129]
UE4Editor_CreaturePlugin!SCreatureWidget::UpdateMesh() [X:\UnrealProjects\Blah\Plugins\CreaturePlugin\Source\CreaturePlugin\Private\SCreatureWidget.cpp:39]
UE4Editor_CreaturePlugin!SCreatureWidget::OnPaint() [X:\UnrealProjects\Blah\Plugins\CreaturePlugin\Source\CreaturePlugin\Private\SCreatureWidget.cpp:97]
or this: (same crash)

Code: Select all

[Inline Frame] UE4Editor-CreaturePlugin.dll!TSharedPtr<CreatureModule::CreatureManager,0>::operator->() Line 890	C++
UE4Editor-CreaturePlugin.dll!CreatureCore::GetProcMeshData(EWorldType::Type world_type) Line 129	C++
UE4Editor-CreaturePlugin.dll!SCreatureWidget::UpdateMesh(const FVector2D & translation, const FVector2D & local_scale) Line 39	C++
UE4Editor-CreaturePlugin.dll!SCreatureWidget::OnPaint(const FPaintArgs & Args, const FGeometry & AllottedGeometry, const FSlateRect & MyClippingRect, FSlateWindowElementList & OutDrawElements, int LayerId, const FWidgetStyle & InWidgetStyle, bool bParentEnabled) Line 97	C++
[External Code]	

chong

Re: UE4.25 crash on CreatureWidget drag/drop

Post by chong » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:30 am

Hello,

That seems to point to no CreatureAsset was linked or initialized to it. Was any CreatureAsset loaded?

AsceDusk

Post by AsceDusk » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:08 pm

Hi Chong,
No CreatureAsset is in this project at the moment. This is a blank project trying to just create a CreatureWidget. Am I supposed to have one in the project?
I have one now and I can try it again.

AsceDusk

Post by AsceDusk » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:43 pm

Hi @Chong,
The crash still happens when I simply drag and drop a CreatureWidget into a blank canvas in the ue4 widget editor.
I'm not sure what else I can try? Am I supposed to be initialising the plugin somehow? I'd assume if it didn't initialise that it wouldn't load at all?

The regular adding of a CreatureMesh to a plain BP Actor works fine and it even loads the json data and animates with the CreatureAsset.
But just dragging and dropping a CreatureWidget crashes the editor

chong

Post by chong » Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:19 am

Hello,

I just checked in an update, you can try to sync/pull from the Creature UE4 repo again.

Thanks

AsceDusk

Post by AsceDusk » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:37 am

Hey thanks for the quick update. I'll be pulling the changes and checking it tonight.