Bird animations.

Display your amazing animations created with Creature here! Share it with the world!
joeonmars

Bird animations.

Post by joeonmars » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:39 am

Hi,

Just purchased Creature map recently and I had turned some flat illustrations to life!

Great job on this software! I found the design animation system is really unique and well thought out.

chong

Re: Bird animations.

Post by chong » Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:07 am

Wow I am impressed by how realistic it matches bird movements! Is that drawn by coloured pencil? Are the bird beaks separated out? Are you using any of the motors of some of the motion? I really like how there is breathing motion in the birds. It adds a lot of life into the characters :) This is a brilliant showcase of using Creature with the traditional art style.

Looks fantastic and great work!

Cheers!

joeonmars

Post by joeonmars » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:10 pm

Hi Chong,

Glad you liked what I've done by Creature. Likewise I was very happy while working with it.

Yeah I found some colored pencil illustrations and cleaned them up a bit using Photoshop. Then I only have to separate the wings and beaks and content-aware fill the empty holes.

I found the IK rotating motor is mostly suitable for subtle and constant motion, for example the chest movement.. The smaller the circle is the more subtle the 'muscle' moves. And everything else is keyed in the timeline to create one or two distinct actions like opening and closing beaks. I haven't use the warping tool and the spritesheet integration. Otherwise it could've been more realistic, if for example the reflections on the eye ball can shimmer by using an animated sequence.

I am a beginner user and I have no other animation software experiences. I found the animation procedure in Creature is very easy to follow. There're some trial and errors from myself, and maybe a few improvements in some functionalities/controls could make the overall flow more efficient. (I would like to post my thoughts in the main Editor forum.)

All in all, I think Creature deserves more publicity, especially in the gaming/web industry this would be a tool in great demand. Amazing job everyone!

- Joe

chong

Post by chong » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:35 pm

That is a very novel use of the motors! I would not have thought of that :) If you have any more works you would like to show, feel free to post them here or online (youtube, vimeo etc.) I can't wait to see what else you can do with Creature and your great artwork!

Cheers!

joeonmars

Post by joeonmars » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:10 pm

I am exploring/evaluating Creature as the main authoring tool for an animated web site I'm making.

Will keep posting more stuff for sure!

3Ten30

Post by 3Ten30 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:42 am

WOW! Okay THAT"S amazing animation!

I really love this, keep it up!

Really life like!

Do an OWL :D