My foray into Creature

Display your amazing animations created with Creature here! Share it with the world!
aiat_gamer

My foray into Creature

Post by aiat_gamer » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:14 am

So here I go, I have small animating experience with some other animating softwares out there and when I heard about Creature, it seemed very interesting. It seems very different from what I have worked with before so I am looking forward to see what is possible with Creature! I will be updating this topic every once in a while.
Here is my first animation, it is by no means amazing of course:

I cant seem to be able to get the hand movement right though...

chong

Re: My foray into Creature

Post by chong » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:02 pm

Hello,

Looks pretty cool! If you want a simple natural swaying motion for one of the arms, put a rotate cycle motor at the base, then put a bend physics for the lower 2 bones of the arm. Set the physics mode to "Motion" ( remember to do that for the hair too if you haven't already ) and you will get natural swaying motion very easily :)

If you want some sort of flesh type behaviour on the torso or mid section, you can also optionally put in a chain of spine bones and then install a Rope Physics Motor on it. Set the stiffness somewhat higher so it does not wobble so much. Then with your base motion driving it, you will have flesh that stretches and compresses naturally according to your overall base motion.

Cheers!