[ue4] some question about runtime.

Discuss issues pertaining to the various game/web runtimes of Creature here.
lion

[ue4] some question about runtime.

Post by lion » Fri May 26, 2017 6:55 am

1. how to edit collision? Is the collision area the same as the region mesh?
2. I'm using "Get Blueprint Bone Xform Name" function to "attach" a sphere mesh to a bone in Event Tick. However, there is a little delay at every frame update. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4zip ... 0JDUWIzbmc . I have no idea why these happen. Just ask if there is a solution or not.
3. I tried export creature project as .fbx file. But there is no animation. Is fbx not support animation?

Thanks

chong

Re: [ue4] some question about runtime.

Post by chong » Fri May 26, 2017 7:45 am

1) The collision area is whatever you define it as. You use the boneXform to attach whatever collider you want. Typically you will size a sphere or some other collider to fit the region.

2) I can investigate this issue, there should be a more accurate way to feedback the bone xforms back if this becomes a glaring issue. I might also include the ability to directly attach to a vertex on the mesh ( just like what is in the CreaturePack plugin already ). This is more accurate and hopefully provide better attachment points. That feature will probably be an upcoming addition to the CreaturePlugin.

3) FBX is supported. This sounds more like a question regarding how to properly import it in UE4? Lots of people use Creature's FBX export into UE4 all the time. You can also open up the FBX yourself in Autodesk's FBX viewer to check that it is valid.

lion

Post by lion » Fri May 26, 2017 7:58 am

chong wrote:
Fri May 26, 2017 7:45 am
1) The collision area is whatever you define it as. You use the boneXform to attach whatever collider you want. Typically you will size a sphere or some other collider to fit the region.

2) I can investigate this issue, there should be a more accurate way to feedback the bone xforms back if this becomes a glaring issue.

3) FBX is supported. This sounds more like a question regarding how to properly import it in UE4? Lots of people use Creature's FBX export into UE4 all the time. You can also open up the FBX yourself in Autodesk's FBX viewer to check that it is valid.
about 3). It's my mistake. I exported a creature project without any animation. Thank you.
BTW, one more question (I asked so many question these day, I know.), about the Sprite Sizer Tool on CreatureTools Github repositories, it looks like there are some issues in spriteSwapPrepare.py file. I stuck at "Enter a target aspect ratio (Get this value in Creature from: Tools-> Determine Sprite Dimensions)" every time I run the script. I enter the aspect ratio and click "OK", then stuck. Does Creature stop support the Sprite Sizer Tool?

chong

Post by chong » Fri May 26, 2017 3:01 pm

Hello,

When you say stuck what do you see? The Sprite Sizer tool is supported, I assume all your required python libraries were installed?

lion

Post by lion » Sat May 27, 2017 2:18 am

chong wrote:
Fri May 26, 2017 3:01 pm
Hello,

When you say stuck what do you see? The Sprite Sizer tool is supported, I assume all your required python libraries were installed?
as you can see. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4zip ... jRGRmpITEk

chong

Post by chong » Sat May 27, 2017 2:58 am

Hello,

Thank you for your video recording, it is very helpful.
So I looked through again the code in the spriteSwapPrepare script, it is quite simple. The issue is the crash you are seeing in the video doesn't even get to the actual code for image resizing. It actually crashes way before, during calls to the base gui library that it is calling into.

This is evident from your video recording as well where it does unexpectedly after the file open/res input dialogues. I can debug it a bit more but right now I can say that the crash isn't happening in the script itself but in the gui python libraries that were installed on your system. I do not have problems running the script locally but again, I do not know how python and its libraries are configured on your system.

If the code actually crashed in what was written in the script, I can fix it easily. But right now it is crashing on python system libraries outside of the script's actual code so I am not sure why this is happening. I wonder if it has something to do with how python was installed or not configured properly on the system in the video.

Cheers

lion

Post by lion » Sat May 27, 2017 6:56 am

chong wrote:
Sat May 27, 2017 2:58 am
Hello,

Thank you for your video recording, it is very helpful.
So I looked through again the code in the spriteSwapPrepare script, it is quite simple. The issue is the crash you are seeing in the video doesn't even get to the actual code for image resizing. It actually crashes way before, during calls to the base gui library that it is calling into.

This is evident from your video recording as well where it does unexpectedly after the file open/res input dialogues. I can debug it a bit more but right now I can say that the crash isn't happening in the script itself but in the gui python libraries that were installed on your system. I do not have problems running the script locally but again, I do not know how python and its libraries are configured on your system.

If the code actually crashed in what was written in the script, I can fix it easily. But right now it is crashing on python system libraries outside of the script's actual code so I am not sure why this is happening. I wonder if it has something to do with how python was installed or not configured properly on the system in the video.

Cheers
So...how to check if there is something wrong on my system or not? Is the problem come from easygui? What can I do?

chong

Post by chong » Sat May 27, 2017 7:14 am

Hello,

It does sound like a possible crash in the easygui libraries for python. Or it could be the python installation itself on the system. I wonder if some investigation into setting up python/python docs somewhere will point to the right answer. It seems to crash after the easygui call to open a file dialogue in our video. Sorry but this looks quite mysterious to me. I tried again to replicate the issue on my system but it runs just fine, on both Mac and Windows. I still suspect so far that it has something to do with the python installation.

lion

Post by lion » Sat May 27, 2017 7:33 am

chong wrote:
Sat May 27, 2017 7:14 am
Hello,

It does sound like a possible crash in the easygui libraries for python. Or it could be the python installation itself on the system. I wonder if some investigation into setting up python/python docs somewhere will point to the right answer. It seems to crash after the easygui call to open a file dialogue in our video. Sorry but this looks quite mysterious to me. I tried again to replicate the issue on my system but it runs just fine, on both Mac and Windows. I still suspect so far that it has something to do with the python installation.
As you said, I tested on my another MacBook, and it didn't crash. But failed at my second try(the same situation as my iMac). There is an error in my first try.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Users/User/Downloads/CreatureTools-master/spriteSwapPrepare.py", line 98, in <module>
numFiles = resizeGroupImages(srcFolder + "\\", dstFolder + "\\", float(aspectRatio), float(bufferFactor), offsetX, offsetY)
File "/Users/User/Downloads/CreatureTools-master/spriteSwapPrepare.py", line 69, in resizeGroupImages
allFiles = getFilterFiles(srcFolderPath, "png")
File "/Users/User/Downloads/CreatureTools-master/spriteSwapPrepare.py", line 11, in getFilterFiles
onlyfiles = [ f for f in listdir(folderIn) if isfile(join(folderIn,f)) ]
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/Users/User/Downloads/arch/begin\\'

lion

Post by lion » Sat May 27, 2017 7:47 am

chong wrote:
Sat May 27, 2017 7:14 am
Hello,

BTW, Does FBX export support Sprite Swapping or not?