Tuple ambiguous reference error

Discuss issues pertaining to the various game/web runtimes of Creature here.
PeteA

Tuple ambiguous reference error

Post by PeteA » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:33 pm

Hi Creature,

Just want to say, your software is brilliant! I have been singing its praises to colleagues and friends. It's really added a new dimension to my animations and the learning curve has been very easy. However, I am struggling to import my creature assets into Unity. Tuple is throwing an ambiguous reference error in my game:

Assets\Distro\CreatureModule.cs(292,17): error CS0104: 'Tuple<,>' is an ambiguous reference between 'MeshBoneUtil.Tuple<T1, T2>' and 'System.Tuple<T1, T2>'

Furthermore, I have tried the 'Kraken Demo' and still getting the same error. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Pete

chong

Re: Tuple ambiguous reference error

Post by chong » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:45 pm

Hello,

The Creature Unity runtimes were updated recently. In particular, take a look at the file you mentioned:
https://github.com/kestrelm/Creature_Un ... eModule.cs

Notice all definitions of Tuple have been changed to:
MeshBoneUtil.Tuple<int, int>

to avoid the namespace conflict in the new version of Unity. The latest runtimes were tested and ran successfully with the latest Unity 2018. But in general you can try changing the tuple definition just like above to avoid the conflict.

The other file format you should also try is CreaturePack for Unity ( depending on your needs ).
The Kraken demo may be outdated for the latest Unity release, will take a look at updating it when I get the cycles.

Thanks

PeteA

Post by PeteA » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:23 pm

Hi Chong,

I'm still struggling with the same namespace conflict. I have used the most up-to-date runtimes and also tried multiple unity 2018 releases, including the most recent. CreaturePack works fine, but the usability is not sufficient for my needs. I have checked the Tuple definition in creatureModule, which is as you mentioned MeshBoneUtil.Tuple<int,int>.

Kind Regards,

Pete

chong

Post by chong » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:22 pm

Hello,

You can sync your Unity runtimes again:
https://github.com/kestrelm/Creature_Unity

I just put in a change to rename all Tuples to CTuple to address your naming conflict issue. There should be not Tuple definitions in the runtime now.
Tested this on Unity 2018 and it ran fine.

Thanks

PeteA

Post by PeteA » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:11 am

Hi Chong,

Works like a charm, thanks for the quick responses.

Kind Regards,

Pete

chiu

Post by chiu » Sat May 30, 2020 3:23 pm

Hi,
  I am a beginner, I encountered the same problem in Unity2019, I do n’t know how to deal with it, if there is a solution I would be grateful!!

here is my error:

Assets/SKStudios/Common/Scripts/IncrementalUpdater.cs(11,58): error CS0104: 'Tuple<,>' is an ambiguous reference between 'Eppy.Tuple<T1, T2>' and 'System.Tuple<T1, T2>'