Bug reports- Export overwriting error- vertex window

Discuss issues pertaining to the Creature Animation Editor here.
furrfire

Bug reports- Export overwriting error- vertex window

Post by furrfire » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:22 pm

Currently if you make changes to a creature file you have already exported it out before and go to export it out again- you have to delete the old export folder or use a new name cause it doesn't know how to overwrite I guess.
It brings up and error box saying you don't have permission.

Could this get fixed eventually?
Last edited by furrfire on Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

furrfire

Re: Export overwriting error.

Post by furrfire » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:35 pm

Also, not sure if you know-

When loading between different projects that both use vertex attachments without first closing out creature and having the vertex window open- it will keep the vertex window open but list the vertexes from the previous project. To fix I have to close and re-open the vertex window. It kinda scares me what else might not be dumping from memory correctly, so I just try to remember to always close creature and start it up fresh when swapping projects.

chong

Re: Bug reports- Export overwriting error- vertex window

Post by chong » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:18 pm

I will investigate to see if I can allow for overwriting of export folders, although this might be a windows dialog box ( native ) limitation. Will take a look and see if it is possible.

Thanks

furrfire

Re: Bug reports- Export overwriting error- vertex window

Post by furrfire » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:05 am

another window bug I found today-

kinda how the vertex window doesn't clear from memory properly if swapping to a different creature project, the skin swapping window does this too. Generally just trying to change skins fixes it so I didn't feel much need to report it, but today I actually had it glitch out to where all the text for skins on the popout list was super tiny and on the top right of that popout window. To fix I had to close out creature and restart it- reloading the project might have worked too, but I didn't try that.

Minor issues for the most part. Generally I feel confident to just go ahead and load different projects without restarting creature lately.